Wednesday, October 26, 2011

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday

I was really on a roll this week! I had a person at my last craft show say that she would love to see a sock monkey pillow, so I had to make one, since it was stuck in my head. I made a few dryer balls too, though some of these still need the last seam stitched up. I cleaned up my sewing table, and ran across one of my camper appliques, so I had to make another camper pillow (that's turquoise cashmere!).


I used the "sock monkey wool" on the back of the pillow, and I like the way that came out... the contrast.


I thought a sock monkey skirt would be cute too!


To work out my skirt sizing, I needed a tester/model for my "child" size skirt, so I made one for my friend's daughter (pics of her wearing it soon!). My friend was trying to work out how to make a poncho that day, so I abandoned my housecleaning (yay, an excuse!), and got to work on poncho-ing. I came up with this outfit for her.

Here's a close up of the owl, and the neck. I put the flowers on the neck to tie the 2 pieces together better, but also to cover up a moth hole on the neck. I made a matching hair clip too, since I was on a roll.


So... what have you been working on? Please feel free to post pictures of your latest recycled wool projects on my Facebook page!

6 comments:

Molli Mc G said...

The owl skirt is fantastic! and the matching poncho is great-- the flowers and clippie tie it all together nicely.

After Halloween I think I have to make my son some owl longies and applique a shirt to match.

Thanks for all the ideas!

Resweater said...

Thanks! Feel free to post your longies & shirt on my Facebook page when you finish them... i'd love to see them!

Munch for Lunch said...

The outfit is so cute! I love how you tied it all together!

OrloSubito said...

I love the outfit!!!!
and the monkey:-D

Anonymous said...

I am a beginner sewer, but am getting braver...I am wondering how you do the appliques? Any tips & tricks would be helpful! Thanks!!!

Resweater said...

anonymous, For inspiration I like to use Google images. I guess it is just trial & error for me. I mess up a lot, but since appliques are small it is easy to start over if I don't like it the first time.