Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday... on Thursday

Oops, i'm a day late with this. Holiday weekends always throw me off ;). Well, last week I showed you my new hutch for sewing/wool storage, and wanted to make some storage baskets for it. I made these...



I am really not happy with them, because they are very loosey-goosey. The only reason they don't look like it in the picture, is because I have wire framed cloth baskets inside of them, like this:



I think i'll just do basket liners, like the ones I made in this tutorial.



Now to find some baskets at garage sales this weekend! Wish me luck! :)

3 comments:

Secret Mommy said...

I LOVE the basket liners! I have a lot of baskets like that which I use to store diapers, inserts, covers, wipes, etc. Wool liners would be so cute in them...Reading your blog is generating a LOT of new work on my sewing To-Do list! :)

Unknown said...

But if you used some interfacing, esp. something heavy, like timtex, they would be a bit smoother, and look great! What a fun idea... I always need baskets and stuff to put stuff in (even if it is yet another project-in-progress)!

Resweater said...

I've never used interfacing before... i'll have to look into that.