Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's What I've Been Working on Wednesday!



I've had a busy week again! I am slowly, but surely getting through my wool stash! I confess that I added one sweater to my stash (the striped one I made the soakers with), but I used up a lot of what I already had. I made 2 pillows, the birdie one above, and the sheep one below...



Some shorties & soakers for my son, since most, if not all, of last year's soakers are too small on him. I made them all with fold over rises, since he grows taller faster than he grows wider...



These look terrible in pictures, but are super cute on him...



I made another bug faced draft stopper...



I got lucky at a huge indoor garage sale (like a flea market), and founds lots of shakers...



Last, and definitely least, I made these shorties gone wrong! This, my friends, is what happens when i'm deep in thought while i'm sewing. I will stay far, far away from the sewing machine the next time I have a lot on my mind!

12 comments:

Tree Dellinger said...

I like how you used the ribbed knit to make the nest!

Resweater said...

That's what my husband said! I'm saving the rest of that sweater just for nests :)

Terri Purcell said...

Love the pillows!

Resweater said...

Thanks! I love making them. They are so satisfying to look at when I finish them.

Mommy to 2 handsome boys said...

These are all great! Living in San Diego, we don't have the great wool sweater selection you have in the midwest:) But I have had fun making soakers out of the sweaters I have found here. I really love your appliques! Do you make them by hand? or do you have a stensil that you trace? Either way, they are so sheek!

Janda said...

Nests, nests, nests! Yours is the coolest. Birdies are fun, too. Love the pillows. Bug Face is very cute. It would also make a great toy!

Resweater said...

Mommy to 2 handsome boys, Thanks! I draw my applique patterns on paper, then I cut them out & use them as a pattern. If I am making a lot of something, like my dryer ball pieces for example, I cut one piece to use a stencil for the others. It's just easier to use a wool stencil than paper.

Janda, Thanks! I love the way the nest turned out. It was better than what I originally had in my head.

Molly said...

I love the sheep pillow! You can't have too many pillows, can you?

Resweater said...

Molly, I think i've gone beyond my personal pillow allowance ;). These will be sold at my craft shows this fall.

teekaroo said...

I may have to make a sheep pillow or two for my sister. They are just so cute!

Munch for Lunch said...

What do you stuff your pillows with? Fabric scraps, polyfill, pillow forms...?

LOVE the animal designs! I bet you could do a whole series of different critters!

Resweater said...

I buy ugly throw pillows & pillow forms from the thrift store, then I hot wash & dry them to make sure they are clean, and use those for the inside. I have to make a new template with every new size of pillow, but I like to reuse!

I've done a few different animals, but I really love my sheep :). Right now I am working on more birds.