Monday, April 18, 2011

Spice rack or sewing notion organizer?


One of my better finds this weekend at the garage sales, was a spice rack with glass jars that has a revolving base. I have been looking for one for a while to organize my sewing notions & misc. craft supplies... you know... beads, buttons, snaps, elastic, safety pins, needles, pins. Now, instead of in a variety of containers all over my sewing area, they are neatly organized on my sewing table. Love it! If/when I ever get my sewing room/office, I will look for a wall mounted spice rack too.

5 comments:

Deb said...

I am cleaning up my 'sewing area' this morning. Mine is in our family room. I am curious as to where your 'sewing area' is. Love the repurposed notions organizer.

Resweater said...

Unfortunately, I don't have a room to claim in our small house, so I sew in our family room dining area. The room is 40% tile and 60% wood floors. I work at a kitchen table on the tiled part, and I temporarily (I keep saying that, but they've been there 6 months!) have card tables set up to handle the "overflow". I was hoping to have an addition built on this spring, but since there's a possibility of my husband being laid off, I have decided to wait & save the money for now. Since i'd like to be able to eat at the table again, and put away the card tables, I will be buying a desk with a hutch to sew at.

LBB said...

What a clever idea! I could really use this. Not only for me, but my girls have so many beads & tiny craft items. It would be perfect!! I'll have to keep my eye out for one:)

Unknown said...

Thanks, now I know what to do with that spice spinner I was given.
Found you through teekaroo

Resweater said...

Welcome to Resweater!